May 1st 2020
Unfortunately, crime never sleeps and even during this world pandemic cyber criminals continue to prey on the public (and businesses) from all sectors.
The NCSC (National Cyber Security Centre UK) has launched a ‘Cyber Aware’ campaign to help inform everyone how to better protect their digital lives.
6 top tips are:
1. Create a separate password for your e-mail account
2. Create a strong password using three random words
3. Save passwords in your browser [using one master password to secure them all]
4. Turn on two-factor authentication [e.g. – use Google Authenticator app]
5. Update your devices [as security patches are included]
6. Turn on backup [in case the worst happens to your originals]
For full information, please visit: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/cyberaware/home