February 28th 2024
After a four-year break, the landscape industry's 'go-to' conference for soil-related topics is set to return in 2024.
The one day event organised by soil scientist and landscape consultant Tim O'Hare will take place at the elegant Phyllis Court in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire.
It will feature; landscape architects and specifiers, housebuilders, landscape contractors and designers, developers, topsoil manufacturers, local government officers, and professionals from the wider industry, and include presentations by some of the leading experts in their respective fields.
So far, the SoilsCon 2024 speaker line-up features:
- Tim O’Hare, Principal Consultant, Tim O’Hare Associates
- Tim White, Senior Associate, Tim O’Hare Associates
- Dr Iain Gould, Associate Professor in Soil Science, University of Lincoln
- Helen Elks-Smith, Principal, Elk-Smith Landscape & Garden Design
- Jennifer Mui, Director, MRG Studio
- Katherine Iles (Principal Engineer) and Ryan Coghlan (Senior Landscape Architect), ARUP
Subjects will include:
- Soil health and functions in landscapes – a practical approach
- Soil requirements for Biodiversity Net Gain typologies
- Soil organic matter and carbon sequestration
- The challenges of garden construction
- Species-rich soils – a National Trust case study
- Biochar and Dolerite – the science behind these soil conditioners.
The final programme and conference details will be issued shortly but to express your interest in attending, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01491 822653.
Wednesday, 28th February 2024
Oxfordshire RG9 2HT