May 18th 2021
The RHS has announced that the Chelsea Flower Show will go ahead next year albeit with many new precautions.
For the first time in its 108-year history, the show will run for 6 days and there will also be reduced visitor numbers physically allowed in per day.
Tuesday 18th May to Sunday 23rd May, 2021
Tickets go on sale towards the end of October, 2020.
Other COVID safety measures that the RHS is taking include:
· Socially distanced queuing
· Extra parking/park and ride
· Crowd modelling and increased circulation and space changes to spread popular areas
· Enhanced cleaning and waste disposal
· Cashless transactions where possible
· Increased monitoring to ensure safe distancing amongst visitors
· Masks in indoor areas
· Flexible ticket exchange for ticket holders experiencing symptoms
· Track and trace check-in as per the guidance during show week
Sue Biggs, RHS Director General, said: “We plan our Shows 18 months in advance and have been planning and researching how to open the 2021 RHS Chelsea safely and securely for our visitors, partners and exhibitors since April this year. We have taken the time to get all our plans finalised and will now be consulting with exhibitors and supporting them further due to the changes we have had to make.
As the world’s most famous gardening event, RHS Chelsea is vital for the horticultural industry, as well as having a huge impact on inspiring people to garden and grow, which is so important for everyone’s health and for the environment.
Whilst we continue to live in uncertain times and May is a long way off, we believe these measures will mean we can safely run the Show, although we will of course be ready to react to any Government advice and if we sadly need to, will offer anyone who has booked a ticket a full refund.”