September 5th 2023
The Garden Museum's Garden Visits Committee has organised an exclusive day at Cambridge University Botanic Garden to see behind-the-scenes and gain rarely granted access to view the extensive collections in the Herbarium and the Cory Library.
Summary of Itinerary
- The day will start with coffee in the Garden Café, then one tour group will commence with:
- An introduction by a member of the curatorial team/visit to the Herbarium – amongst its many treasures are 1,000 specimens collected by Charles Darwin on his famous 1830s voyage on HMS Beagle.
- Viewing of items from the Cory Library.
- Meanwhile, the second tour group will be given a special guided tour of Cambridge University Botanic Garden.
- (In the afternoon the two groups will swap over).
- In between the two tours a two-course seasonal lunch with wine will be served in the Garden Café, followed by tea and cake.
5th September, 2023
10:30 am – 4:00 pm
Cambridge University Botanic Garden
For full information/to book, please visit: