January 19th 2023
Oxford Botanic Garden and Arboretum's Winter Lectures are back for 2023, with the first talk on the topic of garden design and the messages behind the gardens created by the highly decorated 20-time RHS Gold Medal winner, Sarah Eberle.
Sarah has also won the George Cooke Medal for Design Innovation twice. In 2008, she was awarded an Honorary PhD in Design by Greenwich University and in 2022, she was awarded the Society of Gardener's Design Lifetime Achievement Award.
'Sarah's work is of a Fusion style but majors on contemporary work with an innovative edge, predominantly set in rural locations and with sustainability at its heart.'
Thursday, 19th January 2023
7pm - 8pm
University of Oxford
Lecture Theatre 2, Maths Institute,
Andrew Wiles Building,
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter,
Oxford, OX2 6GG
To book tickets, please visit:
The Winter Lecture series runs from January 19th - March 9th, 2023, including:
- Thursday 19th January, Sarah Eberle, 'Design for Impact at RHS Chelsea Flower Show'
- Thursday 2nd February, Chris Thorogood, 'Chasing Plants'
- Thursday 16th February, surprise Special Guest to be announced
- Thursday 2nd March, Dave Goulson, 'Silent Earth: Saving our Insects'
- Thursday 9th March, Naoko Abe 'Saving the Blossom: 'Cherry' Ingram and his rich legacy'